Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Welcome

Hullo, and welcome to "The Closet Painter". Please excuse the slight disarray as, while just starting out, this site currently mirrors the state of my life in general, and my painting/gaming habits in specific.

While painting miniatures has been a long-time love of mine, and I don't claim to be any good at it, I have been away from the hobby for far too long. Up until this past July, I hadn't touched a brush, mini or paint pot in nearly 12 years...Life just invaded into any free-time that I used to have for the hobby.

Thanks to an old friend (the one who introduced me, so many years ago, to table-top wargaming and miniature-painting), I have re-discovered why I love the hobby so...it's an artistic, creative outlet...one in which I can escape reality for an hour, two or even an entire weekend. One that fills me with a sense of pride, satisfaction and soul-completion when looking at a finished piece of work.

Still, in part due to the fact that I do not paint at home and I still have that pesky thing called Life intruding into my free-time, I have not dedicated as much time as I'd like to the hobby.

So, I have resolved myself to setting up a little painting area in my already crowded flat. Unfortunately, the only out-of-the-way *and* cat-proof area is in my bedroom closet. Hence, I shall become "The Closet Painter".
It should be relatively easy to make the closet transformation a reality...It's a rather large, walk-in closet, already furnished with an old, metal kitchen table. All it's lacking is a comfortable chair, a good lamp, my paints/minis/supplies and me.

That's it for now. A very hearty "Thank you!" goes out to my twitter friends for giving me the inspiration to not only get cracking with my painting, but also to start a blog.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. A closet painter who actually paints in a closet? Genius. I'm a bit of a closet geek myself, though I have an entire room to enjoy my closet hobbies in... except when we have guests as it doubles as the guest room. It also has a closet.

    ReplyDelete