Thursday, February 17, 2011

30-Day Challenge: Update

  With only 27 days left to the 30-Day Challenge, I thought I'd give an update on where I am in the progression of things. Not very far along, at all, I'm afraid.

  I already had 14 Necron Warriors cleaned of mould-lines and half-assembled. Half-assembled means that the torso halves are glued together and attached to the leg segment, which is in turn glued the base. Also, I already had 14 Gauss Flayers fully cleaned and assembled.

  I do not consider this as being an advantage to me as my opponent, Durne Kell, had already informed me that the parts to his Land Raider were already cleaned, and a couple of pieces had already been primed.

  Today I finally got cracking on filing off every line my scrutinous eye could find. This is a slow process for me to begin with...slowed down more by me being busy at work and only being able to work on minis on my 10-minute breaks.

  Here is the approximate progress made during my first break of the day (there were already 4 or 5 pieces done from the other day):

  And here is what I managed to finish by shift-end:

  This is what my opponent accomplished today. And he claims to have 11 more steps of painting needed to complete the track. Now, he's been called out for a job, giving me time to work on all these bits of plastic.:)

1 comment:

  1. My new post is up